These days, mountain climbing is a valuable activity for backpackers. It has become part of day tours offered in many resorts and vacation houses. Aside from island hopping and visiting places such as Cavite resorts, mountain climbing is also another worthwhile activity.
For those who love the sport, preparing for such activity is an exciting task. Since there are essential things to remember while enjoying mountain climbing, let’s talk about it one by one.
1. Check the weather forecasts. On high ground, mist and rain can close in with a frightening speed. This is very dangerous so it’s necessary to be very careful and watchful.
2. Always leave word where you are going and when you expect to return. Don’t forget to bring compass, too.
3. Turn back if the weather deteriorates or if a route is proving too much for a companion or for the group. No wonder it’s necessary to be mindful of the weather. Avoid slippery areas to stay safe all the time.
4. Many mountain tracks are not shown on the map but do use those you find heading in your direction.
5. Take survival aids – a whistle, first-aid kit and a flashlight. Bring water, extra t-shirt and snacks.